A Smart, attractive and efficient business website is key consideration for any online business. Traffic on any business site really depends upon its overall appearance and presence.
Few points to be considered when building an ecommerce site are:
(A) From business owner’s Point of View:
- Explore the alternatives and know exactly what you want. Read related articles, latest trends and blogs. Take expert opinion from an ecommerce specialist.
- Make sure that ecommerce is an actual need of your business. Products that are sold because of their taste, touch or feel are not good fit for e-business sites. Moreover, there are marketplaces like eBay and Amazon available, some business products are better to be sold through these sites instead of having a dedicated ecommerce site.
- Do research about competitive site’s presentation, marketing and sales strategies. How they offer special discounts and sales periodically.
- Technology used to develop ecommerce websites must allow flexibility and scalability in case you need to make changes or add new features. Moreover, selected technology should be SEO friendly.
- Try to make a simple structure and flow for the site. Customer should not get confused while searching or buying a product.
- Choose the website hosting provider very carefully. It should be authentic and secure.
- Business would expand its wings if you also plan for mobile responsive sites & apps, as mobile is most indispensable thing in today’s world, and it fulfills all requirements of time, flexibility, varieties etc…
- Start developing in parallel, strategy for advertising & marketing of the site.
From visitor’s viewpoint:
i). Navigation should be easy and site should be compatible with major web browsers like IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera etc.
ii). Product categories and price structure should be clearly defined if there is more than one item.
iii). Site should have easy but advanced product search options. Technologies like Ajax are helpful with typing fields, where suggestions comes as drop down list while typing.
iv). Serving “Micro Moment” majorly people use their smart phones to find information while being in mid of their tasks, so mobiles becoming most important part of generation and they want all sites to be mobile responsive with their apps.
v). Error proof payment system is one of the best ways to gain customer trust and helps with re-visits and re-purchases.
vi). Integration of quote calculator is also helpful to calculate customer’s budget vs. total selling price of all cart added items.
vii). For global reach, site should be designed with ability to select multiple languages.
We at NextGen ebiz offer combination of online marketing techniques, innovative design & strong application development capabilities to provide best output and results to enhance site rankings and ultimately business over the internet. www.nextgenebiz.com.au